What is a Master Plan?
• a shared vision that is developed through an inclusive community process
• a road map (with targets & metrics) for the town to prioritize future community needs
• an integrated approach that creates dialogue across interest groups
• a comprehensive action plan that addresses both short-term needs and long-term goals
Why is it Important?
• Creates shared goals and priorities to help coordinate the efforts of boards and committees
• Supports Board of Selectmen, FinCom & School Committee efforts to plan for expenditures over multiple years and prioritize investments
• Creates a citizens forum to discuss and explore new ideas with town-wide participation
How does the Master Plan Process work?
– 3 phases
1. Community Input & Goal Setting
Consultant-led - In Progress
2. Analysis & Visioning
3. Master Plan Strategy & Policies/Report